Sunday, December 13, 2009

Checking out social networking sites

Facebook, MySpace, Twitter and Friendster are all similar in that they have status updates. Out of the 4, I think Twitter is the simplest since its main concept is just status updates which can probably get annoying if the people you are following are constantly tweeting; that for all of them actually. Just for this assignment, I signed up for a Friendster account again since I had deleted mine a while ago. I must say that it changed a lot, in terms of its look and features it has. Now it has the status updates like Facebook and MySpace; and you can send gifts. Facebook, in my opinion is easier to look at compared to MySpace which sometimes can have so many things going on like the background, elaborate fonts, profile set up and music playing. Its also playful in a way since you can send “super pokes” by “throwing sheep” at your friends. You can start ‘wars’ in that way! I barely log into my Facebook and MySpace accounts because it can get addicting. I can easily spend an hour or two or more just by loading pictures, fixing my profile, commenting on friends’ pages and looking at others pages in general. It’s time I could be spending doing school work…

No comments:

Post a Comment